Two more suspects in a child sex grooming case have been arrested in Seoul, authorities said on Monday, after police said they were trying to trace the suspects.
Police arrested two men in the southern city of Gwangju on Monday after they were linked to a probe that involved three other suspects, including a 17-year-old girl who has been missing since March.
The two men are suspected of abusing three children, according to police, and were arrested after a tip-off from another member of the same family.
The Gwangjin police chief said in a statement that two other suspects were detained, but he would not provide further details on their identities.
The girl disappeared in March after she returned home from a shopping trip with her father, police said.
Police are investigating the case, but no suspects have been named.
The police department said in April that two of the suspects, a 27-year old man and a 27 of his younger siblings, were wanted in connection with the investigation.
A fourth suspect, who is a family member of one of the suspected suspects, is also being investigated.
Police said they would take the case to the national court for investigation, adding that the three suspects are still being held at a Seoul prison, the Seoul Times newspaper reported.
The case came to light in June when police searched a home in the southwestern city of Nampo.
They found a woman, who had been raped, with her head wrapped in a blanket and a towel wrapped around her neck.
She had been abducted on March 10, two days after the missing girl went missing.